BGI IS HIRING NOW!!!!February 22, 2014
BGI Environmental Technician Position Opening
Immediate for an ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICIAN at various military installations in the Sacramento/Reno area. Pay for this position is determined by the area contract regulating wage determination.
The Environmental Technician is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste field operations, hazardous waste identification, hazardous waste classification and segregation, DOT packaging, waste profiling, manifesting and shipment. Emergency Response and spill clean-up activities. Work setting may be as part of a team or independently with little or no supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Engage in moderate to strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects.
• Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
• Handles various hand tools and powered (pneumatic and electrical, hydraulic) industrial tools, including pressure washers and saws.
• Adheres to and ensures constant compliance with Health & Safety Compliance and regulations.
• The ability to wear and properly use a variety of Levels , B, C & D personal protective Equipment (PPE). This includes respirators, skin, face, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations.
• Works in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions: including extreme heat and cold while wearing various levels of personal protective equipment.
• Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
• Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance.
• Assists in field sampling activities and calibration of meters.
• Climbs ladders, scaffolding and into and out of trucks, tanks, and various other containers.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Black Gold Industries business.
· Must have or obtain site specific fork truck operator license
· Additional experience completing waste profile sheets, Field Lab packing, labeling, marking, handling and properly storing containers on DOD and Government Facilities, Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat Endorsement is a plus.
• High School diploma or equivalency.
• 40 Hour OSHA Hazwoper Training.
• Clean Driving record and valid drivers license required as a continuing condition of employment.
• PC skills; attention to detail
• Knowledge of RCRA requirements/regulations. Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR) (preferred), Knowledge of chemicals.
• Able to travel, some overnight travel may be required.
• Able to take and comply with directions and ability to multi-task
Must pass DOD Background check for Federal Facilities Security Access.
• Position involves strenuous physical exertion.
• Requires standing, lifting up to 50lbs.
• Requires pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, crawling, stooping and crouching in confined spaces; Requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, color determination and clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses); Requires sitting.
• Requires the ability to properly wear and use personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) including levels B,C,D & E, PPE suits which can elevate body temperature substantially during strenuous exertion.
BGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
To apply for this position, please send a resume or questions to [email protected]
You can also download BGI’s Employment Application if you follow this link here.